Understanding why it’s so important for Nebula to be an independent telecoms expense and lifecycle management solutions business starts off with exploring what it really means to be an independent business. As an independent organisation, we’re free from outside control, we’re not influenced by telecoms service providers and we’re self-sufficient and self-supporting.
Why is this important? Well, let’s look at an example from big corporates. These large companies need to have independent board members who are not closely tied to the company. The reason for this comes down to impartiality. If a board member doesn’t have a financial interest in the company, they’re better positioned to make neutral decisions and the company can trust that they are not acting with some ulterior motives in mind. With this example in mind, independence becomes a valuable asset to all businesses.
At Nebula, we strive to offer this same level of trust and independence when we’re giving our clients advice about their telecoms and technology needs. We’re not reselling anyone else’s services, our work is entirely our own.
But how do you know that a supplier is someone you can trust? I believe that there are a few checks and balances you can do to ensure that the partner you’re working with is truly independent. I’ve outlined a few of these below:
Look at their track record: Can they show you evidence of their independence. By looking into how they’ve run their business in the past, you can get a good gauge of their authenticity. Can they give you any references from satisfied customers?
Examine their methodology: If a business’ has a standard recipe for how they do things, this serves as a good marker for how well equipped they are to meet your unique needs. That way, if something goes wrong, it’s a lot easier to follow the steps and identify where the failure occurred.
Explore their use of technology: We all know that technology speeds up processes. When an organisation hasn’t yet embraced technology, they can spend up to 80% of their time just looking for the information they need and the remaining 20% is all they have left to actually analyse the data and generate results. With the right tools and solutions in place, these numbers can very easily be switched around. At Nebula, we pride ourselves on building platforms to automate manual tasks so they can use information in more meaningful ways.
Question their level of innovation: If you’re after independence, you need to ask whether or not your chosen supplier brings fresh and creative ideas to the table. And I’m not talking about hype. I’m talking about real ideas that will make your business better. When we migrated to the cloud, we learnt a lot. Now, we’re taking these learnings and experiences to our clients.
At Nebula, we love working with corporates with large footprints and complex processes. In order for us to play in this world, we need to be experts in our field. This meant pursuing a depth or knowledge in a specific field, rather than a breadth of knowledge across multiple fields. To find out more about what we do and to chat to us about helping outdo the competition, simply complete the form below.