The end of the year is here. And while many of us are relishing the opportunity to take some time off, chances are your IT manager is feeling a little tense about everything the silly season entails. You see, while everyone else is working on their tan, your IT team need to ensure that your business operations continue running as usual.
Their challenges are twofold – managing corporate-issued devices when employees are on holiday and ensuring your business can handle customer expectations while most of your team are away.
Keeping your customers in the loop when you’re on vacation
Just because you’re taking a well-earned break, doesn’t mean your customers are too. Whether your business is closing for a short while or you’re running with a smaller team, you need to have the right plans in place so that it’s business as usual.
To find out if your business is geared for the festive period, ask yourself these questions:
- Does your website communicate that there may be delays to business as usual?
- Have your staff set up their “Out of Office” email responses?
- Is your phone messaging tailored to handle customer expectations?
- Are you sufficiently staffed to keep the lights on?
- How will you handle expectations around delivery of services during the festive season?
Protecting your business from the threat within
Most of us will have heard the horror stories about a CEO who had valuable corporate information stolen after forwarding work emails to an unsecure account. Or the business executive who racked up an enormous bill on a corporate-issued smartphone when their toddler used a significant amount of out-of-bundle data while playing games on their device.
While this kind of thing can happen at any time of the year, the reality is that many of us are a little less careful when we’re outside the office.
Safeguarding your organisation against these risks means:
- Reminding employees to use strong passwords and not share their login information with anyone.
- Implementing a mobile device management or telecoms expense management solution that allows you to remotely wipe a device. These solutions also send out alerts when there is irregular/high data usage.
- Reviewing content-sharing rules and controls to guarantee that no unauthorised information is shared.
- Ensuring employees know what third-party apps are, and are not, vulnerable to cyber threats.
- Reviewing who can and cannot access data outside of corporate firewalls via their mobile device.
Want some help setting up your telecoms infrastructure to handle everything the holiday season has to throw at your business? We’ve got all the resources and expertise you need to address customer and business requirements from any location. To learn more about our offerings, complete the form below: