By now you probably know that there are different cloud models and different deployment methods. If not, check out this handy Cloud Computing infographic.
But there’s little value in understanding the various approaches to Cloud without understanding how each can benefit your business. Perhaps the most obvious advantage across all these Cloud Computing models is cost savings – from reducing the need for technical expertise to provisioning of workloads based on changing needs to minimising infrastructure costs. If you’re struggling to choose between infrastructure-as-a-service, platform-as-a-service or software-as-a-service here’s how each model can add real value to your business.
- Focus on growth: Let’s face it, any time you spend trying to make decisions about the right technology, searching for skilled IT personnel and maintaining your tech infrastructure costs money. When passing on these responsibilities to a trust partner, your IT staff can focus on strategic tasks and you have more time to focus on running your business and enabling growth.
- Access the latest technology: With technology evolving at such a rapid rate, it’s not surprise that most companies can’t afford to keep up. By outsourcing your infrastructure requirements you’ll be able to access the resources of a service provider that is paid to always keep up with all the changes in technology so that they have the best tools in place to serve their clients’ needs. They’ll offer technologies that are more advanced than what you’d be able to afford or manage in house.
- Innovate faster: Using a PaaS enhances your speed to market and agility. And given how competitive the current digital landscape is, it’s the organisations that outpace their competitors that will succeed. Modern businesses need to build, deploy, and iterate in a matter of days and PaaS allows for this flexibility.
- Scale easily: Most businesses are eyeing out growth but may struggle to do so when their growth happens too quickly. If you secure an exciting, new project, you need to have all the necessary resources to get the job up and running immediately. With PaaS you can easily scale up or down in response to the changing needs of your customers.
- Save time: Gone are the days of having to buy software and then install it. With a SaaS Cloud model, the software is already installed and configured, drastically reducing the glitches commonly associated with new software deployment.
- Seamless use: Being accessible via the Internet on a range of devices, a SaaS model is designed to be exceptionally simple and easy to use. Users can also do proof of concepts and test the software functionality before buying it, making this approach a viable option for business’ looking to trail new functionality or business processes.
Keen to learn more about Cloud Computing? Our monthly newsletter brings together everything you need to know. Simply compete the form below to sign up.